Business Setup in Abu Dhabi Masdar City Free Zone
Masdar is a free zone and a subsidiary that is exclusively owned by the Abu Dhabi Government. It is known to be about energy and sustainable technologies. This free zone was established in 2006 and it has been focusing on meeting the needs and requirements of businessmen for their companies.
Efforts to Make Abu Dhabi an Excellent Choice
For many years, it remains to stay on its course in making Abu Dhabi a leader in renewable energy and clean technology. People regard Masdar City as among the world’s exhilarating eco-developments because of what it offers and what it wishes to accomplish as a free zone. One of the benefits that it poses is the fact that is close to the Abu Dhabi International Airport and a few kilometers away from downtown Abu Dhabi.
Best Free Zone for R&D Partnerships
The fDi Magazine, a leading foreign direct investment publication recognized Masdar Free Zone as the 2016 Best Free Zone for R&D Partnerships. It is also distinguished as one of the Best Middle East Free Zones for Start Ups and Large Companies.
Business Setup Consultants in Masdar City
Many perceive Masdar City as an open door for opportunities. In conducting a business setup in UAE, there are specific procedures to follow depending on which authority you are looking to setup your company in Masdar city freezone. This is why there are business setup consultants in UAE that are willing to help you wherever you are. From these people, there are those who focus specifically on different locations. There are business setup consultants in Masdar City that are knowledgeable about the said free zone, and there are those who are well-informed with all locations in the country that they can help you to choose which one best fits your company with information and data so you can decide on your own.
Suitable for Industries
Following industries you can setup in Abu Dhabi Masdar City
We covers all the following industries, even if your industry not in list you can consult with us we can help you setup.
Benefits / Advantages
Benefits of Business Setup in Masdar City
Masdar has business-friendly features that are solely made for the purpose to help companies to grow their business with not much difficulty. The environment that Masdar creates for businesses that come in and stay in their location are satisfactory as this free zone meets the requirements of companies. Aside from the top-of-the-line infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities, there are distinctive benefits that Masdar offers:
Quick and Easy Set Up: Masdar makes everything smooth and fast for their clients by ensuring that the procedures would not take them that long to deal with. This free zone offers a one-stop-shop department that handles everything from registration to government relations to visa processing.
Beneficial Location: This has an accessible location for all markets in the Middle East and Asia as it is surrounded with logistics and transport. As mentioned above, it has close proximity to Abu Dhabi International Airport as well as Khalifa City and Yas Island. In addition, they are 40 minutes away from Dubai, helping them to be easy to reach.
Research and Development Hub: Masdar is also considered as a research and development hub because it has its own research university called Masdar Institute of Science and Technology. This is focused on the fields of energy and sustainability.
Other benefits in Masdar City are listed below:
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% exemption from corporate and personal income taxes
- Freedom of repatriation of both capital and profits
- One of the world’s most sustainable living and working business clusters
- Highly cost-effective licensing and office space
- 0% import tariffs
- Launching point into local, regional and international markets
- Critical mass of sector knowledge and talent
Business Setup Requirements & Procedure
Requirements for Business Registration in Masdar City
- Proof of tradename reservation (our firm’s task)
- Proof of initial approval for the activities (our firm’s task)
- Passport copies of the shareholders
- Passport copy and CV (resume) of the manager
- Personal information sheet of each shareholder and manager (template will be forwarded by our firm)
- Lease agreement (documents)—having a physical address for your business/office is mandatory in the UAE. The rent on average within the free zone area is USD 25 up to USD 45 per sq. ft. (USD 225 up to USD 400 per sq. m.). Our firm can assist you while searching for your physical address. You can learn more about leasing and rental cost here. (This item will be required only after we obtain the initial approval from the authority.)
- Notarized and attested Power of Attorney appointing our firm as your legal representative, so that we can act on your behalf and/or on behalf of the shareholders (template will be forwarded by our firm).
- There are some activities which might require third-party/authority pre-approval—accordingly, additional cost and professional fees might be applicable.
- Also during the process, the authorities might require a few other documents.
Additional Documents Required for a Corporate Shareholder
- Attested and notarized Memorandum of Association/Article of Association—it must be attested from the UAE Embassy at the place of origin
- Board resolution must be resolute by the board of directors of your existing company/entity at the place of origin expressing the intent of establishing a new setup abroad. It must be attested and notarized by the UAE Embassy (template will be forwarded by our firm).
- Certificate of registration (if applicable) of your existing company/entity, license, or certificate of incorporation must be attested and notarized by the UAE Embassy
The procedure of processing your business setup in Twofour54 Abu Dhabi will range from 2 to 4 weeks.
Our Services Covers
Support Services Offered in Masdar City
FAR Consulting Middle East is one of the leading consulting companies in Abu Dhabi that deals with company formation Abu Dhabi and other things that a firm may need. We assist people who have questions about how to start a business in Abu Dhabi and anything that they are keen to know.
As your business setup consultants in Abu Dhabi, we can provide the following services when you let us handle the setup for your big or small business in Abu Dhabi:
- Applying and following up on behalf of the client until the collection of the Certificate of Business Registration (Trade License)
- Representing the client in front of the authorities
- Assisting the client in bank account opening
- Assisting the client in account opening with the Ministry of Labour
- Assisting the client in account opening with the UAE immigration
- Assisting the client in leasing a premise as an address for the business
Business Setup Cost in Masdar City
Below is a table that consists the cost of business setup in Masdar city freezone. You can contact us for further information or clarification.
|Registration/Name Reservation Fees|
|Registration Fee (LLC or Branch)||5,000 one time|
|Name Reservation Fee (ADDED)||2,000 one time|
|Business License Fees|
|Package||No. of Activities||Annual License Fee (AED)|
|A||2 from any segments*1||10,000|
|B||5 from any segments*1||15,000|
|C||10 from any segments*1||20,000|
|D for UAE Nationals||5 from any segments*1||10,000|
|Segments 5.3 ,5.2 ,5.1 ,1.11||For each activity||10,000|
- No Registration Fee for UAE Nationals and Khalifa Fund SMEs
- Khalifa Fund SMEs are eligible for ﬁrst year Business License Fee waiver
*1 Except for the following segments: 1.11 Associations (Non-Proﬁt Organizations), 5.1 Service Providers 5.2 Consultancy and 5.3 Regional Headquarters. Visit www.masdarcityfreezone.com for a full list of the segments and activities
ATTENTION – NOTE