Food is a well profitable industry where the chances of success are huge. The Middle East is considered to be the hub of delightful delicacies all over the world. To take the taste of great delicious cuisines, people from all over the world visit UAE. This not only enriches their travelling experiences but also helps them enrich their taste.
A huge number of businessmen and entrepreneurs are looking forward to setting up restaurant businesses in UAE. In the last few years, the number of restaurants has increased to be almost 2000 in number. As people are always willing to try newer cuisines, they get appealed because of a huge number of restaurants. The new food specialities from all over the world attract tourists and let them enrich their taste buds even more. When the people indulge in different cookeries, they feel more affiliation with the place which in itself is the success for the businesses in UAE.
Also Read: Why and how to Start Business in Dubai
Starting a restaurant business in UAE
One of the most important things that you should follow in order to starting a business in Dubai is nothing but “the food code”. Most of the things around us follow a proper code of conduct. This code of conduct makes the thing even better and pleasing. Because of the food code initiated by the Food Control Department of Dubai Municipality, the food safety is ensured from production to consumption. In this way, the people are made aware of the fact that the food they are consuming is healthy from every aspect and is following a proper food code. The endeavours of the Food Control Department of Dubai Municipality are making it safer for the people to consume food which is stated to be up to the mark according to the set standards.
There are other countries as well which follow a proper food code. These countries may include United States, Canada, Australia, and Hong Kong. This demonstrates how committed Dubai government is regarding the food safety and health security of the masses.
Also read: Investment opportunities in Dubai
Applications of the food code
There are different types of businesses in UAE where the food code is applied.
- The institution of food operations
- Departmental stores
- Catering services
- Packing materials
- Mobile vending processes
To Start a restaurant business in UAE, you will have to acquire two different licenses.
- Trade license
- Food license
The trade license is provided by the Department of Tourism and Commerce
For business set up in UAE, trade license is mandatory. For this purpose, you must select a food establishment of your choice for your business operations.
Along with it, you must have a proper construction plan approved and scrutinized by Dubai’s food control department for your restaurant or place of the food business.
The food license is provided by the Food safety department in Dubai.
Following are the required documents for food company registration Dubai
- Trade license copy or the primary approval from the authority which is responsible for issuing the trade license
- Blueprint of the premises, if applicable. Your restaurant’s Blueprint must contain the following;
- Entry passages
- Exit passages
- Food processing space
- Food storage space
- Ventilation system
- Equipment that will be used for food processing
- Supportive equipment
- If the location of the restaurant is outside the shopping Centre, additional approval is required from the planning department.
- Apply for NOC of foodstuff establishment trade license from the food safety department to complete all the trade license issuance procedures.
• The permit fee for food establishment is 10,000 AED. For more, you can get the help from Business setup consultants in Dubai Business consultancy services offer you all the assistance regarding business setup in UAE and license approvals.