Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) offers investors a world class infrastructure supported with value added services enabling them to capitalize on huge business opportunities in the region. Due to its strategic location and top-grade infrastructure investors from all around the world invest and contribute to JAFZA.
There are a lot of business opportunities in Jebel Ali Free Zone. With these opportunities JAFZA also provides few of benefits for business setup. Some of them are as follows:
- Full ownership of companies
- No corporate or personal income tax
- No currency restrictions
- Easy to sponsor dependents
- Full repatriation of capital and profits
- No restriction of hiring foreign employees
- Abundant of energy makes it cost-effective for clients to conduct production operations
Also Read: Open a New Company in Jebel Ali Free Zone
Types of Business Setup in Jebel Ali Free Zone
A branch company formation in Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is perfect for organizations that already established outside of JAFZA. The branch company operates under the parent company name and benefits from business-friendly environment.
Free zone establishment
This is the type of company formation in UAE that requires only a single shareholder. Acting as a single shareholder an individual or company can register a free zone establishment in JAFZA.
Free zone company
A minimum of two and maximum of 50 shareholders may put their efforts together for this type of business startup in Jebel Ali Free Zone. This is the most common company set up in the Jebel Ali Free Zone.
Types of licenses available in Jebel Ali Free zone
Following are the type of license required for business setup in Jebel Ali free zone
Under this license a company can import export distribute and store goods in line with rules and regulation of set by Jebel Ali Free Zone.
Industrial license is required to carry out all industrial activity such a manufacturing assembling packing and exporting final goods.
Service license gives the investor the right to operate a specific service business in Jebel Ali Free Zone.
Basic procedures for business setup in Jebel Ali free zone (JAFZA)
- Determine the activity: rules and procedures and different types of legal entity. Selecting the type of business entity is considered important.
- Determine the trade name: While deciding upon the type of legal entity the business should take, you should choose a trade name. It is important to check with the respective free zone authority about the permitted trade names and whether the intended name has already been registered or not
- Apply for license: the type of license will depend on the business activity carried out by investor.
- Choose an office: type Office requirement can be chosen depending on the number of employees and type of business activity a company wants to undertake.
- Approvals and registration: to set up a business it is necessary to get the necessary approvals, and need to submit relevant documents for registration. The list of documents varies depending on type of business activity, the type of company and the requirements of the free zone authority.
- Licensing and visa process: If all the documents are submitted and verified the required authority will issue the license and start the visa processing
Documents required for business setup in Jebel Ali free zone(JAFZA)
Documentation for setting up a business in Jebel Ali free zone is fairly simple and depends on the investor or business owner’s selection for the company structure. Following are the documents which all companies have to provide:
- An application form for business setup in Jebel Ali Free Zone
- Environmental health and safety application form
- Shareholders, managers and secretary’s passport copies.
- A description of the company’s activities
- The company’s articles of association.
Costs involved in setting up a business in Jebel Ali Free Zone
The most important factor in creating a viable business plan for a start-up company is understanding the initial cost. Some of the cost involved in business setup sre as follows:
Each activity of a company, falls under a specific type of License so the cost may vary depending on the type of license.
Type of registration:
Company registration fee depends on the proposed structure of the company.
Type of facilities:
cost may vary depending upon the facilities offered
Cost of each visa varies depending on the status of an applicant’s current location, whether application is taking place inside or outside the UAE.
Also Read: 5 stages of Company formation in Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
Setting up Business with Business Setup Consultants
Business setup in a new location required local knowledge of all best possible alternatives available to business owner. To have a better understanding of business setup the investors and entrepreneurs should team wide reputable business setup consultants to help them acquire the right license and operate efficiently.
At FAR consulting middle east, we have the best business setup consultants in use who know how to make the process of business setup easy. you can apply for the right license and our business consultants will help you at each and every step. To know more about the process of business setup in JAFZA and how can you benefit.